Saturday, September 10, 2005

Compost

In high school my parents started keeping a compost bin in the backyard. Basically all we did was put our food scraps, the trimmings from bushes and plants, and anything else biodegradable we could find into this big box looking thing. Over time it would create an organic fertilizer. All it required was space (oxygen) and time. It is nature’s way of recycling.

In high school I came to learn that God was keeping a compost bin in the backyard of my life. Basically He had gathered the leftovers, the “droppings” and anything else seemingly useless or unworthy about myself and put it onto this big cross looking thing. Over time it has created a fertilizer for my life. All it required was a little grace and time. It is God’s way of redemption.


Romans 8:28 (The Message) That's why we can be so sure that every detail in our lives of love for God is worked into something good.

2 comments:

Bethany Shea Roe said...

Awesome, Bethany. Thanks for the wisdom!

MOM said...

What a great word picture this brings to me. While I still carry your "Overflow" article in my Bible because it touches me so much, this is a great visual. I love your mind and I love that you share it! I need that!

Locations of visitors to this page