Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Rain


I love the rain. Perhaps its because I was born in Oregon and subconciously rain reminds me of my starting place. There is just something so refreshing about a good rainfall. I love the smell of it, the feel of it, even the thought of it. I imagine all the yuck being washed away into the gutters and creation being rejuvinated by it, collecting enough nourishment to grow again. I picture wild life coming out of their dwellings to bathe in it, drink it, be saturated by it. I envision myself dancing wildly in it, kicking up every puddle, opening my mouth to catch every drop. It represents newness and fresh starts, like new years day only more frequently. And we all could use a good slate cleaning more than once a year. Its baptisms and resurrections. Its not an old becoming new process like winter changing to spring but the washing away of build up. Like a really good shower after a camp out or a car washing after months of traveling on the road. Its WD40 on squeaky hinges and a gallon of gatorade for the man in the desert. Its replenishment. Its a symbol of growth and life. Its inspiring and beautiful. I love the rain.

1 comment:

MOM said...

A picture comes to mind of you dancing on the patio of our Highlands Ranch home - drinking in the rain - arms outspread - dancing in the rain ... Yes, you love the rain.

Locations of visitors to this page