Saturday, October 22, 2005

A lost art

I have reclaimed a lost art for our family: conversation and quality time at the dining room table. Until recently we havent had a dining room table. I had a two seater cafe table from my college days that always doubled as my ladder that finally fell apart a few months ago. Even that wasn't designed with fellowship in mind. We would have people over and I would sit on the counter and Nathan would just stand somewhere or we would gather on a couch in front of the TV and the closeness and attention part of community would feel lost. I couldn't take it anymore. So we saved up and purchased a real dining room table. I am so excited about it. I imagine so many family gatherings taking place there, not limited to only meal times. Already Nathan and I have been prompted to play more board or domino games with each other thanks to the new large surface the table offers. Instantly it granted us a place to come and spend quality moments together. This is the Gaddis' gathering place.

2 comments:

JOEY said...

CAN WE COME?? :)
WE MISS YOU GUYS LIKE CRAZY! I READ YOUR BLOG EVERY DAY AND LOVE IT. KEEP IT UP...
TALK TO YOU GUYS SOON
-JOEY

MOM said...

I love you SO much, girl. You look at the positive in EVERYTHING!... You are amazing and a teacher to your ole' Ma every day. Plus, we can't wait to be part of the family gathering around that table

Locations of visitors to this page