Friday, November 04, 2005

Mile marker 10


Well I have reached mile marker 10 in my marathon training. Honestly I never thought I could run 10 miles. But I did this morning. Yes my knees are stiff and I have strange tan lines from my watch and socks but it has proven to be worth it. I accomplished a goal today and that makes me proud. Here is a rundown of my training progress.

I run for 30 minutes 3 days a week and then do my long runs on Fridays. Today was 10 miles and I ran it in 2 hours. Im not trying to run for speed so time isnt how I gage my success but I know that you must have at least a 16-minute mile pace to be in a marathon so I have been making sure to fall below that. So today I maintained about a 12-minute mile pace.

Now Im going to go lay down and finish drinking my Propel.

Watch out marathon...here I come!!

1 comment:

MOM said...

10 MILES !!!! I AM SO PROUD PROUD PROUD OF YOU - AND YOUR GRANDPA IS SMILING I'M SURE. Yes, I know I'm shouting but I am SO PROUD of you !!! What an accomplishment.... It's quite a distance but more important, you are sticking to your plan & achieving your goal. You go, girl !!!

Locations of visitors to this page