Friday, January 20, 2006

20 mile run


Well I wish I could get on here and tell you some victorious story about my 20 mile run but wouldnt you know it, it didnt turn out that way. My body had enough of a beating by mile 14 and I crashed and burned. I got a cramp or "Charlie horse" or whatever you want to call it, in the arch of my left foot. I was able to hobble my way to the entrance gate of a friends subdivision and call them to get a ride home. So I encountered my first "stopworthy hurdle" today in my marathon training. Im hoping to be back to normal tomorrow (which isnt saying much since Im sore all the time now) so that I can finish my mileage (6 miles.) However we all know it's not the same. Needless to say Im dissapointed but I know full well that I will complete this marathon in February whether I run it, walk it, or wheel myself through it in a wheelchair. I will conquer.

4 comments:

Pseudo-intellectual lunatic said...

great blog
good luck

Becky said...

You are still a winner in my book. Rest well.

Randy Elrod said...

Hang in there, Bethany. I wouldn't recommend running the other six tomorrow. It sounds like you need to give your body a rest day or two.
This type of thing is totally normal. You have your good days and then, today's kind of day.
I am proud of you.

Randy

Bethany said...

You are doing SO awesome Bethany! Keep going, I know you can do it with God's help!

Locations of visitors to this page