Wednesday, March 01, 2006

God and Gays

My sister (Kim Clark) has been producing a documentary called "God and Gays: Bridging the Gap." For more imformation on the doc you can visit her blog or check out the movie's site.

But the purpose of this post isnt to cause controversy as to what anyone ought to feel about the issue of homosexuality. My reason for mentioning it at all is because I came across a quote in a recent article she was in that really broke my heart. I think its important that we, as the Church, know what homosexuals (and others) are having to deal with when it comes to our claims of unconditional love versus the way they are being treated by us.

"The idea that God is love is difficult for those of us who have to strive to see organized religion as something else than a mill that grinds human hearts."

Be a part of the solution folks-not part of the problem...Please.

To read the entire article click here.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Thanks for posting our info, Kid. This doc is getting a looooottt of attention across the country and across the world. I'm getting emails and being stopped and told people's stories. Some of them, will make your hair stand up. Our intention is healing through understanding. I'm totally open to talk with anyone on how, as Beth says, be a part of the solution and stop being part of the problem. There's so many easy and small ways you can make a huge difference in the lives around you and in your own. Everybody wins. Step up. Email me from our website. Thanks.

Locations of visitors to this page