Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Props to Mandisa


I just have to say that although it wasnt the greatest redition of the song that Ive ever heard- I am so proud of Mandisa on American Idol for professing her faith so boldly by singing "Wanna Praise You (AKA Shackles)" in last nights show! Atta girl!

A few weeks ago I received a forward from a friend that knows her that was truly a testimony to her character. She was asking people that if the topic of her or American Idol comes up, as it does around the water coolers of life, to use it as an opportunity to share Christ. She suggested refering to earlier in the show's airing where she forgave Simon for his weight comments as an example of how Christ forgives even when we dont deserve it. But she didnt stop there. She wants people to email her the names of people we have done that with so that she can be in prayer for them too while she is in Hollywood competing. WOW!

Here are some of the responses she had to her bio interview:

Who is your AMERICAN IDOL?

An author and speaker named Beth Moore. She inspires me to live more like Jesus and I want to do the same.

Do you have any rituals or things you do each time you perform?

I pray and vocalize.

If you couldn't sing, which talent would you most like to have?

I would love to be an annointed and effective Bible teacher.

What is your definition of an AMERICAN IDOL?

Someone that can be looked up to on stage and off.

Who are your heroes in life?

Jesus is my hero. He saved my life.

If you win, who will you thank first?

Jesus! He's so good to me.


All that to say, Go Mandisa! Your life is reflecting Christ in all that you do-keep the faith.

PS she is from Antioch, TN- Nathan use to live there-I practically did too!!

2 comments:

Annie said...

Hey Bethany, thanks for sharing all of that. Mandisa goes to Belmont Church and this past weekend the A.I. folks were there taping for one of the insights on Mandisa.

Hope all is well! Say HI to Nathan for me.

Roxann said...

When Simon said he "Didn't get it" I wondered what he meant....her choice of song or it's message.I was very moved by her courage....she is on that stage for a purpose.

Locations of visitors to this page