Saturday, April 29, 2006

My Birthday

Yesterday was my birthday and let me tell you, it was awesome! It was just one surprise and blessing after another. It all started at 4 am when Nathan woke me up and told me to get dressed. A friend of ours (thanks Dave!) showed up at our house apparently to watch Jaxon so that I could be stolen away. I was put into the car and we started driving. I had no idea what was happening. Then after about a half an hour of driving I figured out that we were either going to Ft Lauderdale or Miami but I didnt know why. Then it "dawned" on me that sunset hadnt happend yet and we were driving toward the coast that the sun would be rising on. Thats exactly what was happening. Nathan took me to Miami, South Beach to see the sun rise over the ocean. It was so beautiful. We just watched as the world woke up.
Then we stopped and grabbed some breakfast before returning home. Luckily the timing was just right in that as soon as we got home it was time for Jaxon to take a nap so we got to get some rest too. We all crashed. We woke up and then Nathan rushed me off to run an "errand" at the church. After attending to his side-mission he took me into the sanctuary where strangely enough the stage was set, the lights were like a concert scene, and the sound guys were at their stations at the board. Nathan sat me down in one of the seats and went up to the stage. Then I noticed that a friend of ours was sitting at the drums. Nathan sat down at the piano and proceeded to play me a song. It was written just for me! It was so amazing! Of course I was balling my head off. I felt so humbled and so loved. (Thank you Heath, Dominique, and John for helping Nathan do that for me.) Then it was off to visit some friends of ours who are in town from Nashville. Then a quick lunch at Subway before hurrying back home to squeeze in a shower before the rest of the night unfolded. Our incredible babysitter arrived just in time (thanks Lauren) and we headed off to dinner with our small group. We ate quickly b/c we wanted to see our friend Jason and his new band, 33 miles, in concert at the church. After that amazing show, we cut out and booked it to the beach just a few minutes away to catch the sunset. It was again, so beautiful. I got to see the day start on one coast and end on another, all in the same day. Only in Florida. Thank you God for your magnificent gift to me on my birthday...everyday. Then we went back to the church to catch the tail end of the Avalon concert taking place at our church. We met back up with our small group friends afterward and ended the night with dessert. (Thanks Lori, Dave, Tara, Blake, Betsy and Todd-I love you guys!) It was such an incredible day and so many people were involved it making it special. Thanks to all of you for making me feel so loved. It was such a spectacular birthday! I am now 27 and feeling the love.
PS Thanks to all of you who also called, emailed or posted birthday messages for me on MySpace. You too made me feel so appreciated.

Definitely a birthday for the record books!

3 comments:

Cherie <> said...

Wow, sounds like an awesome birthday! Isn't it amazing to have such a thoughtful husband? Wish I would've remembered to say this yesterday, but a day late is better than never right? lol...but Happy Belated Birthday!

Kristine dB said...

Happy belated Birthday Bethany! Sounds like you had a great day and the picture is beautiful (makes me wish I was out of the city and able to see a sunset over the prairies!). Hope you've had a good birthday weekend!

Anonymous said...

That is Awesome!! I am glad you had such a Wonderful Birthday!! You deserved it! - Mere

Locations of visitors to this page