Tuesday, June 27, 2006

We are all salesmen

Its happend. The day that I feared has come to pass. We have all become sales people. Some of us in our careers while others of us in our personal lives. All of us are selling something whether it be a product, a deal or ourselves.

I was reminded of this fact the other day as I drove through the ATM at my bank. After the lady at the counter made my deposit she launched into a sales pitch on how if I refer a friend I could get "free money from the bank." I said, "Ill keep that in mind." She kept on selling, but this time it was a "keep the change" savings account offer from the bank. I couldnt believe it. I dismissed the offer and started to turn away as she shoved a brochure in my hand in case I decided to "keep this offer in mind as well" and wanted to know more information. I was offended at how this once quiet and helpful woman could become such a vulture and start pushing so many sales pitches at me- from the counter of a bank.

What has this world come to?

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page