Sunday, September 03, 2006

Home again Home again!

Well after over 30 hours of traveling, we made it home. Everything went smoothly, other than Ethiopian Airlines always running really late with their flights (but we have gotten use to that), until we got as close to home as we could have been. On our flight from Washington DC to Miami, FL we had to circle around Miami for about 30 minutes b/c there was a lighting storm that caused the airport to ground all flights and not allow anyone to land. Eventually our captain came on and told us why we were going in circles and that we were running out of fuel. He decided that we would fly back up Florida to Orlando, gas up and then come back to Miami. So we arrived, but 2 and a half hours later than suppose to. Our ride drove us swiftly for 2 hours to get home in time to see Jaxon before bed. We arrived at about 7:30pm. I couldnt believe my eyes when I saw Jax. He looked sooo big. I was in awe of how grown up he looked. We just hugged for the rest of the night. He lit up with smiles and laughter and we couldnt have been more excited to see him. He showed us all of his new stuff and then settled in for bed. We got to bed by 10pm and slept so well!

As promised, more Africa stories are to come, as well as pictures. But for now, its family day!

Thanks again for all of your support. I still cant believe that my dream came true and of course I left pieces of my heart in Africa and plan to go again. Love you guys!

3 comments:

Cherie <> said...

Glad you guys made it back safely! I'm sure Jaxon was absolutely beside himself with joy when he saw you two again :)! Looking forward to more stories and pictures! Hope you had a good family day. God bless!

Brad said...

I am soooooooooo proud of you guys and have been following your blogs every week. Praise God you all made it home safely... love you!

Anonymous said...

Welcome home - we're so proud of you guys

Blake & Tara

Locations of visitors to this page