Thursday, October 05, 2006

Training again

Its that time of year and I have started training again. Last year I did a full marathon but this year I am working toward a half marathon... and I am not alone. I am proud to say that Nathan has caught the vision and is training with me this year. So this week we officially started our training. We have been working on just average jogging since we got back from Africa to get our bodies adjusted and this weekend we start our mileage. It starts at 3 miles and goes up to 17 miles by the end of the training. I know a half marathon is about 4 miles shorter than that but the reccommended distance to train is 16 and since we had the extra week in there before the race we thought we could handle one more. Thats not to say we wont flounder some weeks so this also gives us a little cushion. Anyway, the training schedule is printed out and on the fridge and there are no excuses...the Gaddis' will run.

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page