Tuesday, October 03, 2006

What's for dinner?

Last night I made dinner for my family. This is a rare occurence b/c Nathan and/or I are rarely home in the evenings but I was reminded of another reason it doesnt happen much---its hard to cook when you have a child. Jaxon was not cooperating with me as I tried to focus my attention on what was needing to take place in the kitchen. He pushed my legs away from the oven and longed to be held the entire time. Needless to say I didnt get as much accomplished as I would have liked but the meal turned out ok. I thought I would share it with you b/c if I can get it to taste ok with all that was going on in my house at the time, anyone should be able to get it right! So if you're trying to think of something for dinner...try this:

Lemon chicken pasta

What you need:
1 1/2 lbs chicken tenderloins
1 lemon or 2 tblsp lemon juice
1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon garlic butter
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
ziplock bag
1/4 cup flour
1 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
8 oz mostaccioli or penne rigate pasta noodles
2 tablespoons capers ( I didnt use these)
2 teaspoons chicken base
1/2 cup white wine

Steps:
1. Cut lemon in half, remove seeds and set aside (or use lemon juice).
2. Fill saucepan 1/2 full with water. Cover and bring to a boil on high for pasta.
3. Preheat large saute' pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes
4. Place flour and seasoned salt in a ziplock bag and shake to mix
5. Cut chicken into bite size pieces and add to the bag, shake to coat
6. Add garlic butter to saute' pan and swirl to coat. Add chicken, reduce heat and cook 2 minutes until chicken is no longer pink
7. Add pasta to boiling water stirring occasionally. Cook to desired texture.
8. Stir capers and chicken base onto chicken, cook 2 minutes. Pour or squeeze lemon juice into chicken; stir in wine and cream. Reduce heat to low and cook 3-4 minutes.
9. Drain pasta and stir into chicken mixture.
10. Its ready to serve

Recommended side:
Asparagus tips

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page