Thursday, December 28, 2006

Loss of imagination

I am watching a 6-year old kid named PJ this week in effort to make some extra money toward bills (well extra to Nathan's income, since I don't have one). Anyway, right now Nathan and he are playing Batman and Robin in their homemade fort/bat cave. It's so fun. As I observe, (periodically stepping in as Poison Ivy) I realize that I have lost a lot of my imagination ability. I feel stupid playing games like that now. What will happen when Jaxon wants to pretend or if we have a girl someday and she wants to play Barbies? I can't tell them to wait until daddy gets home all the time. I am going to have to rekindle my once vibrant imagination. I know I use to be great at pretending- I threw a birthday party for my cabbage patch for goodness sakes. What happend? What caused my imagination to be replaced by cynicism and over-maturity? I don't know the answer. All I know is that right now I am saddened by the loss of my childlike creativity-I want to be fun again.

1 comment:

MOM said...

I so often feel the same way. I am at a loss sometimes to imagine and play that creatively but I know I did once upon a time. I did raise three girls so I went to a lot of tea parties and made mud pies ... but I'm boring now...

Locations of visitors to this page