Thursday, January 11, 2007

In the blink of an eye

I didn't know what to write about today. I struggled and searched again for the perfect witty blog worthy topic but came up empty. I simply haven't been able to get away from the incredible sense of blessedness I have been made aware of. I look at my life a few months ago and my life now and I feel like I have gone from parched to overflow in the blink of an eye. I start to wonder, "what has changed to cause this sense of blessing?" Just a few small things that make the biggest difference and here they are:

1. Having my mom and Bob here. I've said this before but I love doing life with them. It's more than just the 'having a babysitter' thing. It's about me talking to my mom everyday and having Bob to help me build all the projects I have in my head. It's about family dinners and having company during the mundane errands of a given day. It's about the newspaper clippings they give me about auditions being held at a local theater or an article about ultimate frisbee to give to my husband. I love having them here.

2. Nathan and I are getting more opportunities to talk and be together. Lately I have been awarded the chance to take off my "mom apron" and be a wife and friend to Nathan. I love that man and I really do long to maintain a fun comraderie with him. Not only have we had date nights but even the 15 minutes of "couch time" we have implemented into our day has made a huge difference in my sense of closeness between us. We are sharing dreams and goals with each other that otherwise would have become solo efforts and I am so thankful to be in partnership with him. Plus he has been helping me out a lot more lately, around the house and with Jaxon-that makes a tired mom and wife melt, as sad as that may sound. Not to mention, we eat dinner together. It's not much...make shift veggie hot dogs, black bean burritos or pasta are in regular rotation but we are together and that is all that matters.

3. Jaxon and I are on the same side again. Although I didn't follow everything the books and my friends told me to do to reign in his rebelliousness, I have come up with a system that works for us. He has been obedient, helpful, kind, and so much more respectful. We can have fun together but when it comes down to it, he knows who his authorities are. That makes a world of difference in a day.

4. I have goals that I continue to meet. I am becoming more and more proud of me. I have accomplished much in mental and physical strengthening through running and now I am branching out into pursuing my hobby of photography for some minor income. I have shocked myself with my scrapbooking skills and I am becoming a better mom everyday.

5. My friends are awesome. The rag tag group we hang out with are so different from us that it creates an environment of learning and growth everyday. They challenge us, support us, make us laugh, make us cry, but most of all keep us accountable to who we were created to be. Our church family has uplifted our spirits many-a-time when we couldn't hold our heads up any longer and we can't imagine being anywhere else.

Im sure there is more that has made life seem so plainly wonderful these days but these 5 things on my list have been the keys to a brighter outlook for me. Thank you for being a part of that transition by just being here faithfully to read my blog and listen to me vent. Writing is therapy for me.

1 comment:

Dawn Marie said...

Bless you.
Just... bless you.

Locations of visitors to this page