Monday, January 15, 2007

Inspired



Take a few minutes and watch the whole thing.
Something tells me he didn’t spend his days worrying about being an emergent or traditionalist, or conquering Maxwell’s “Law of the Lid”, or becoming a “Contagious Christian”. He seemed to be about only one thing.
Sometimes I think our Christian pop culture has robbed us of our raw strength. We are so glossed and glammed up that we forget what standing for something really looks like. Listen to the pursuit and passion in his voice. I want to seek after something that bad.
And maybe my Christian “cool book” of the month is getting in my way.
Let’s be about more than filling our days with churchy stuff. Find your cause. Go for it.
Thanks MLK. Your speech inspired me 45 years later.

(HT: Ragamuffin Soul)

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page