Monday, January 01, 2007

A new year dawns

I love New Years. I became a Christian over New Year's in 1997 so spiritually speaking my "re-birth-day" is today. I love the idea of new beginnings and making goals for yourself. Today brings new vision for doing great things with your life. After having trained for a marathon twice now, I have learned how capable we are of accomplishing tasks greater than our fears allow us to believe we can take on. Therefore I look forward with anticipation of what is to come and look back with an attitude of gratefulness for what has already taken place.

New Years is basically the grace and forgiveness of the gospel wrapped up in one night. I am so thankful though that through Christ we can experience that New Year's renewal every morning. There is so much positive energy that surrounds this gift of new life and if we let it, we can be uplifted by it.

The Psalms say it this way:
Clean the slate God, so we can start the day fresh! Keep me from stupid sins, from thinking I can take over Your work. Then I can start sun-washed, scrubbed clean. Accept these words as I place them on your alter every morning.
- Psalm 19:12-14 The Message

I pray you all will take advantage of this time and make some decisions for yourself about which way you will go this next year. Know that "every God direction has been road tested and that everyone who runs toward Him, makes it." (Psalms 18:30) So run fiercely toward the future of grace and blessing that awaits you. Make the most of 2007 and watch yourself grow into the beauty of who you have been created to be by the One who loves you the most.

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page