Monday, February 05, 2007

Much better

So it's our first full day in Nashvegas and this evening the conference begins. We ran around town visiting friends, running errands (I got my ring removed and resized!!) and we ate lunch at McCreary's- our favorite Franklin Irish Pub. But the highlight of my day can be seen in the pictures below. I finally got my weave whacked! I have been longing for a haircut but time, money, and resources weren't allowing me to do so.

You probably wouldn't suspect this about me but I am pretty picky about my hair. Even when I was young I would take out the braids my mom would put on my head because they were "too bumpy" in my opinion. Basically they weren't perfect so I opted for boring rather than imperfect hair. Anyway, I hate getting my hair cut because most stylists create an artform on my head that cannot be replicated by my lack of skill when I try it at home for myself, so I later regret the cut. But there is one that I have come to know, love and trust with my average headdressing. That would be IZ. She opened her own spa a year or so ago in the Factory (Franklin, TN) that is so beautiful but many a time she would cut my hair in my kitchen or hers, it didnt matter. Anyway, she is one of the few that let me tell her what I want and she will comply. I dont walk away from her chair longing to take a shower to get the product out and see what the cut looks like when I try to manuever it. I walk out exactly how I want to look and know that I can re-create it on my own. (No pun intended- for those of you who dont get that, I am at a Re: Create conference.) Anyway, look at the before and after...I feel much better now.


Before

After

4 comments:

MOM said...

of course, the frown and the smile might have something to do with the "look" but I do like the cut. Iz wins again ...

Anonymous said...

I like your hair cut Mommy! See you later mommy. Love you mommy. Jaxon

info said...

Thanks for the plug, Bethany! It's easy to do great hair when you start with beautiful people! And I love the before pic...great expression! :)

Bethany said...

Looks great, Bethany. I need to take a trip to Iz soon, too.

Locations of visitors to this page