Friday, February 23, 2007

Undone

There is a song I started writing in college that hasn't left me. I don't think I will ever be able to get it out of my head until it comes to completion. I play what I have of it over and over again and every time it dances across my tongue it begs me for attention. It draws me into that deeper place where I get lost in the land of something spiritual wanting to be articulated/expressed but I am trapped by words. I am held back, looking toward the horizon of 'what could be' through the completion of this one song. I sit, I wait, I sing, I play, I wait again... then life beckons me back into reality by way of my son's little voice calling out for his mommy. I put the guitar back down and leave it, again, undone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have lifted you up in prayer that the Lord will give you the rest of the words. I keep thinking maybe the words will be found by being a mom. Maybe there is something that your not seeing when you have to stop and tend to that special gift from God.

Amy said...

That is really cool. I know one day you will finish it. God always finishes what He starts

Locations of visitors to this page