Monday, March 26, 2007

Birthday week

This week is Jaxon's birthday week! Therefore you will be hearing about the gifts he receives as the week goes on. Here is his present from us...a big boy bunk bed. He loves it!
I have learned so much being a mom. I learn more about myself, life in general, and in turn God. So over the next few days I am going to share with you a few of the lessons being Jaxon's mom has taught me these past 2 years.

Lesson #1: I am selfish. I learned that one right away when I found out I was pregnant. My first thoughts weren't about how exciting this new life would be but how much I was going to have to give up or postpone. Over the course of the last 2 years my son and his development have taken precedence over my dreams and desires. Sure it pays off in the long run but it can be difficult. Everyday I fight the battle of my goals versus Jaxon's ever-changing moods and whims. I have found that if I remain flexible and remember the day is not about what I need/want to accomplish, things go more smoothly. Not always but most of the time. In essence I am learning the hard way about sacrifice- a little thing Jesus teaches a lot about as well.

4 comments:

roxann said...

"I fight the battle of my goals versus Jaxon's ever-changing moods and whims. I have found that if I remain flexible and remember the day is not about what I need/want"

Interesting how the times have changed.....my parents certainly never gave our goals or whims a thought. The day was about what they wanted and needed...A child should be seen and not heard. This isn't a slam just an abservation.

Now the question is what kind of parent am I?

Cherie <> said...

He is getting so big! He looks so adorable sitting there posing on his new bed :). Can't wait til the day God blesses me with children. I LOVE them! :) For now I have to love on other people's kids in preschool :).

Bethany said...

now THAT is a cute picture! Wow- what a doll! :-)

Love the bed- so fun!

Bethany Gaddis said...

In response to yours Roxann...

I am not implying that "life as I have dreamed it would be is dead and gone" or anything. Its just that daily I have to put aside my goals of getting such and such done because it may end up being more stressful than it would be if done at a different time. I know that my goals are not buried now, just postponed. I fight laying those on the alter everyday but isn't that where they should have been in the first place? Maybe this is God's way of achieving HIS perfect timing with me..giving me no other option but to wait. EH? Im learning as I go I suppose.

Locations of visitors to this page