Thursday, March 15, 2007

Word of God speak

On Monday while I was sitting in the waiting room, waiting to hear about Doctor Bob's surgery, I was reading the Bible. (Isn't that just the perfect Christian thing to do? Ha!) Anyway, I am reading through from beginning to end again and by then I was in the gospel of John. As I was reading away I came upon the story of Lazarus.

"A man was sick, Lazarus of Bethany, the town of Mary and her sister Martha. So the sisters sent word to Jesus, 'Master the one you love so very much is sick.' When Jesus got the message he said, 'This sickness is not fatal. It will become an occasion to show God's glory by glorifying God's Son."
- John 11: 1-4 The Message

I could not have been reminded of this truth at a more perfect time. It was so obvious how this rang true in Doctor Bob's situation. It had been a long time since I felt such warmth from the prayers that surrounded all of us. There wasn't a moment that went by where we questioned God's presence and purpose in this situation.

I realize, now more than ever, that this surgery takes place quite often. From the stories we have heard, it's rather common. But for us it was new and scary to think about someone we love having to go through it. Yet as soon as we "sent word to Jesus," that one of His children, "whom He loves very much" was sick, His purpose in all of it could not have become more clear.

God's glory was shown through Doctor Bob's surgery. Jesus has been glorified by his survival and will continue to be through his ongoing recovery. To God be the glory forever and ever AMEN!


1 comment:

Iz said...

speak it, sister! I so love those God moments when He speaks so clearly words of peace. You are all so very loved!

Locations of visitors to this page