Saturday, April 21, 2007

Tea Time

My mom and I stepped back in time today by going to a traditional tea room. Here is my review of the place:
Brambles Tea room is a quaint shop found in the crevice of Olde Naples style and ambiance. The foliage filled alley way to the entrance eluded to the decadence we were about to experience. With only one step in the door we were immersed in the proper Olde English style of tea time. Each table was adorned with a complete set of fine rose china. We were greeted by the English owner Roger and shown to our table in the back of the room. A few minutes after perusing the long menu of available tea's and lunch foods, we were approached by Jane, also English, dressed like a conservative french maiden- black dress with a lacy apron and all. She was gracious and soft spoken which complimented the environment perfectly. I ordered the Florentine quiche and the Caribbean Voodoo tea (iced) with a croissant on the side while my mom ordered the chicken and fruit salad, peach tea (iced) and a scone. Iced tea took the form of us being provided with glasses filled to the brim with ice while also being given a tea kettle full of our individually ordered tea hot, to pour over the ice. They were quick to bring you more ice which made the experience of hot tea turned cold in an instant just that much more enjoyable. It wasn't too watery or anything. Me being a sweet tea drinker, I was so pleasantly surprised by the after taste of my voodoo tea, that I was not inclined, what so ever, to add a bit of sugar. Then the croissant and scone arrived which we quickly devoured, just before the main course was offered. The presentation of the food alone was enough to appreciate yet my quiche was amazing and my mom seemed to richly enjoy her salad as well.

Overall the surroundings were charming, the food was delicious and the service was just enough to complete the picture of a traditional tea time experience. I would highly recommend this place to anyone for an afternoon tea.

3 comments:

MOM said...

And I got to spend one-on-one time with my baby girl ... a treasured time. Thank you!

roxann said...

Thanks for reminding me of such a sweet little spot. When Lauren and Christina were little we would go there for tea and "crum-pets"
(thats how they would say it)
They would put on their dresses and be such little ladies. Brings a smile to my face just thinking about it now.

Bethany said...

I love that place. We have been there and it was so wonderful! Sounds like it was a great time.

Locations of visitors to this page