Thursday, May 10, 2007

Appalling

I was sick to my stomach yesterday when I saw on the news what a billboard in Chicago was promoting to it's onlookers. Today I found a follow up story saying that it was taken down...not for being too racy but for not having the right permits. I don't care why it's down, I am just glad it is. The audacity of some people.

The billboard reads:

"Life is short. Get a divorce."

On either side of that add for a local divorce lawyer are pictures of a man's and woman's torso- to which the lawyer stated was placed there to allow the viewer to envision the face of someone they wanted to have sex with but couldn't because they were married.

The sign apparently was good for business. Since it went up last week, the two attorneys said calls to their law firm have gone up dramatically.

Oh great...I'm starting to heave again.

Read more of the story HERE

1 comment:

Cherie <> said...

That is most definitely sickening...People will use sex to sell anything...and their reason behind it...I can't even think of a word to describe it.

I'd say they were promoting sinfulness more than anything...Oh how our world needs Jesus!

Locations of visitors to this page