Thursday, May 31, 2007

Doggy Diet

There are a lot of reasons to envy the life of a dog but today I was reminded of one more: the doggy diet.

A few days ago I took Bailey to the vet to get his teeth cleaned, his nails cut, his ears cleaned etc. When I came to pick him up they informed me that he now weighs a whopping 86 pounds. YIKES! I asked if that meant he was overweight to which they replied, "Yes. By about 5 or 6 lbs." After receiving this disappointing news, they offered a simple plan to rectify the situation. "Just feed him less," they said so matter of factly. Then and there I vowed to do my part all the while shaking my head, wondering how Bailey Boo could just let himself go like that. Truth is, about two years ago a little boy came along and took poor Bailey Boo's recreational world by storm. Mommy no longer had the energy to walk, run, and exercise herself, bailey and the boy everyday. So like any good animal owner, the dog got the shaft by lovable ol' me. I have read somewhere that if your dog is overweight then it is a sign that you are lazy. "I am not lazy!" I say to myself. So to prove it, I will feed my dog less and take him for walks more.

If only losing weight in the human world were as easy as eating less and exercising more.

Oh wait...

1 comment:

bonnie said...

Oh yes.........Sometimes too much attention with special treats cause weight gain as well. So don't feel you are all at fault.

Love ya........

Locations of visitors to this page