Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Sex Bugs

No I am not trying to pull a Rob Bell with my title (Sex God), but this is what my husband calls them. I however call them love bugs. No matter what you call them, they are driving me crazy!! Everywhere I go, there they are. Apparently I make a great landing pad for their little love fest because I can't sit still for more than 30 seconds without being annoyed by these creatures doing the nasty with their mates on some part of my body. I feel so violated. So I went online to see what these little pests are all about. Learn more HERE.

This fact sheet talked about how:
"love bugs hinder motorists.
Love bugs are a considerable nuisance to motorists. They congregate in unbelievable numbers along highways and the insects spatter on the windshields and grills of moving trucks and automobiles. Windshields become covered with the fatty remains, and vision is obscured. During flights, the flies clog radiator fins causing cars to overheat. The fatty tissue will cause pitting of the car's finish if it is not removed within a few days. Flies enter cars and sometimes drivers and passengers soil their clothing by sitting on love bugs."

I actually remember this from last year (not the soiling our clothes part but what a nuisance they are when driving down the highway). We were on our way to go skydiving for Nathan's birthday and everywhere we went would be infested with these things. It was like a plague in a horror movie. I couldn't see what color my car was because we had taken so many out during our 45 minute road trip. After our drop, we tried to take some pictures and had to retake many because the bugs would be in our eyes, mouth or on the lens of the camera and the picture would turn out funny. It was crazy!

Anyway, be thankful that today you aren't living in FL where the love bugs will land on you and have their little bug orgies, many times a day. This is one of those situations where, like my husband when it comes to mosquitoes, I want to ask God, "what is the point in creating a love bug?"

2 comments:

Nathan said...

those things are flippin' nasty!! Great post, babe.

mom said...

Their lives are short lived - and all they seem to do is make love and die. Why does that bother u? he he he (it is an interesting phenomenon and reminds me of all the people asking why I would move to FL with ALL THOSE BUGS???)

Locations of visitors to this page