Monday, May 14, 2007

Teavana

My mother's day present was a trip to Teavana to pick out whatever I wanted. I had never been there before but had heard amazing things about it. Also a friend of mine in TN had a collection of teas going from there that I coveted every time I saw it. So I guess Nathan took notice of my desire to check it out and that is just what we did.

I was overwhelmed by the experience. It was sensory overload in this place- I never knew tea could look so beautiful and smell so amazing! The store was packed with people, tea kettles, green/black/white/red teas from all over the world, sample teas both hot and cold etc. It took me 45 minutes just to make my way around the shop and read through the hundreds of types of teas available for purchase. I settled on a few from the menu and began the process of getting them scooped out and placed into my very own tin to take home. These are all loose teas, which means there is not a bag, just the herbs/spices/flowers loose in a tin.

Therefore my first purchase was a Perfect Tea Maker. You just pour the loose tea into it, then pour in the hot water and let it steep for a few minutes. Then you line the bottom of the tea maker up to your tea cup rim and the water flows out while the tea remains inside-caught up by a strainer of sorts. It's really great!!

We walked out of there with the following teas:
Emerald Princess Flavored & Scented Green Tea
A luscious blend of pineapple, citrus fruits, coconut, cornflowers, and roses, and green tea.

Rooibos Tropica Rooibos Tea
A flavorful and amazingly fragrant blend of Green and Red Rooibos, strawberry, peach, sunflower and cornflower petals, and orange peel.

Jasmine Dragon Phoenix Pearls Flavored & Scented Green Tea
This exceptional tea consists of the youngest green tea leaves scented 8-10 times with fresh jasmine blossoms. After the lengthy flavoring process the leaves are hand rolled into the shape of a pearl. During the infusion the pearls unfold, slowly releasing rich and surprisingly smooth fragrance and the flavor of jasmine flowers. Good for multiple infusions. USDA Certified Organic.

Tranquil Dream (Night Night)
An extremely relaxing night time tisane. Contains rosehip and citrus peels, chamomile flowers, orange blossoms, nana-mint, hibiscus, and lemongrass.

Caribbean Breeze Herbal Tea
Tropical mélange including strawberries, apricots, rosehips, apple, elderberries, citrus peel, and hibiscus pieces, and cornflower petals. Extremely rich in vitamin C.

Nathan bought:
Peppermint Herbal Tea
Pure peppermint. Extremely refreshing. This perfect after meal drink is known as a digestive aid and is very helpful against irritable bowel syndrome.

I will let you know how the taste testing goes during the next few weeks!

3 comments:

Bethany said...

YEAH!!! Woohoo! So exciting :-) Don't you LOVE it? I'm so glad you got to go- it is such a neat experience, and when you're in Tennessee, there's actually one open in the Green Hill's Mall now.

Let me know how the Emerald Princess is- I don't have that one and I don't think I've ever tasted it. The Rooibos Tropica is one of my absolute favorites and next time you go- you MUST try the Apple Lemon Pomegranate.

Okay, I'll stop b/c I really could go on all day
Happy Mother's Day to you!

Mark said...

Real tea is amazing. I got a gift certificate to adagio teas for a recent speaking engagement. Wow! Amazing. Got the tea-filter gizmo, too. That thing is great.

My fave so far: yunnan jig, and nice smooth black tea.

Bethany Gaddis said...

Ok so my favorites thus far are:

Jasmine Dragon Phoenix Pearls
and
the Peppermint

The Emerald Princess was too dark flavored for me and I am not yet convinced on the Caribbean Breeze.

Locations of visitors to this page