Monday, June 18, 2007

This Saturday my mom and I are coordinating a charity yard sale. It came about when I felt so desperate to "do" something instead of just talking about how tragic things have become. God began stirring my heart toward a more sacrificial lifestyle (as if life with air conditioning is sacrificial) so I went through and ransacked the house. My clothes, dishes, decorations, toys, everything I could think of has become "for sale." Then I needed a location that people would be able to get to.

In Naples people can't just "drop in to say hi" like most places. We are all gated and secured and removed from any friendly or foreign contact. So I asked around and my friend Blake has graciously agreed to let me hold the yard sale at his business' truck yard. It is a premier location that tons of people will pass by on their drive to anywhere.

So then what happened? Word spread. Now it looks like it will be a blowout of a yard sale with tons of people bringing their stuff to be sold - all the while knowing that the proceeds will go to help African relief efforts. I just can't wait to see what God is going to do!

For those of you in Naples...
Yard Sale
Saturday June 23
7:30a -12p
On the corner of Airport and Orange Blossom
in the Crawford Landscaping truck yard
Bring your stuff and come to serve

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page