Sunday, July 01, 2007

Wedding pics

Yesterday I shot my first wedding. Keep in mind I asked my friend not to make me the main photographer for the day because I had never shot a wedding before and it is a lot of pressure to get things right the first time. There are no do overs in wedding photos. Anyway, I opted for staying behind the scenes and taking what I call the "little stuff" pictures. Those are the parts of the day that get over looked and take place while the couple is posing for pictures with Uncle so-and-so in the same staged spot over and over again.

I like the details and not the formalities of weddings (as if that wasn't indicated by my own sunset wedding in Hawaii.) Below are a few of the not so posed shots. I have a ton of other pictures I took of the "little stuff" (flowers, bouquets, decor, the dress, the girls getting done up etc) but I figure most of you want to see the bride and groom pictures so here are a few of those...




Tomorrow I will blog about some of the revelations I had during the 12 hours I was shooting this wedding. See you then...

2 comments:

Cherie <> said...

I love it! She looks so beautiful! What a beautiful couple. Post some Engagement shots of Stephanie and Daniel please :). I would love to see the finished product of those.

You guys aren't allowed to move for awhile ;). I want you to take pictures of my first baby, which will be in about 2 years :).

Jen said...

look at you, baby girl! these are so good!

Locations of visitors to this page