Sunday, August 05, 2007

Playing catch up

Ok so I haven't been blogging for a few of reasons.
1. I haven't been feeling very well (health wise) so I've been resting whenever possible.
2. I don't feel like I have much to blog about.
3. I would rather spend time with my family than a computer screen.

So this post is mainly a collection of the random thoughts, tid bits, and happenings from my little world over the past few days.

Adoption Update: So I have been reading a lot of materials from various organizations and one of the stipulations for adopting a child from Ethiopia (the only African country open for international adoption) is that your youngest child must be 18 months old before beginning the application process. Not a problem b/c Jaxon is 29 months old. But as I was reading on I saw that if I were to get pregnant during the 12+ months of the adoption process then my proceedings would come to a stand still and I would not be reimbursed any $ paid to that point. Then I would have to restart the program again when that child was 18 months old. So my prayer has become something like this... "God either get me pregnant soon or start moving my hand and pen across the application pages so that one way or another I am journeying toward having another child. Oh, and thanks."

Home life: Nathan and I have been under the weather for a few days so sleep has been minimal and the sound of us hacking what is trying to obstruct our throats from breathing can be heard quite frequently. We have been dog sitting Maxwell, another golden retriever, all week and that has been entertaining for Bailey and Jaxon. Nathan and I sang in a wedding yesterday- only my second time ever- so that was fun! Nathan left today for his 10 day trip to Canada with his dad for some fishing, camping, canoeing, etc. We will have no contact whatsoever for about 7 of those days so he will be greatly missed. I have been running a few times a week which is good for me in many ways.

Photo News: I received word this week that the coffee shop I just sent 13 of my photography prints to in TN (MikkiBeans) will be closing. Therefore all of my shots are being shipped back to me. Anyone want some art for your home or office? I have 13 prints for sale-12 of which are 11x14 in size and 4 have matting and 16x20 black metal frames. My website is underway but the guy putting it together is a friend and graciously using what little free time he has to help me get this going so it's all a matter of time. I will keep you posted!

Ok so thats my world these days. I will try to be better at blogging this week. Thanks for sticking around.

5 comments:

Cherie <> said...

I hope you guys feel better soon! Let me know if you get lonely this week :). Maybe we could get together for coffee or something. Hmm...how much for one of the sunset pictures? We desperately need more art in our condo!

One Busy Mom said...

my life motto (or one of 'em)...."It'll be allright."

MOM said...

and my life saying is "this too shall pass" ... good or bad, all things change. I do need another picture in my office!!! But I know it seems futile to have them all made up without a good home to go to ...

bonnie said...

It is only a matter of time. Why not find a little coffee shop there to display your prints ? Or even arrange to have a reception at your church one afternoon with a certain percentage of the sale of a print donated to your youth group ?

Anonymous said...

When one door closes another will open. It just takes time, patience and most importantly prayer. The Lord's timing is perfect and He will make your path straight.

Locations of visitors to this page