Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Baby Update

Today we had another ultrasound of our little peanut. Although I have apparently not gained a pound in the 4.5 weeks since they last weighed me, peanut is growing beautifully. Seems to be an active one b/c "it" just wouldn't stay still long enough to be measured by the nurse. Everything looks good. We even got to see a 4D version which was crazy cool. "It" looks just like Jaxon at this point so Nathan is now at ease that it must be his. Just kidding. It is beautiful and likes to keep its hands close to its face just like Jax did. So much alike already!

We passed on the option to take the Down Syndrome and Cystic Fibrosis blood tests just like last time since we both know the results won't change our decision to have this little one and it saves some $ from the lab work in the meantime. Double bonus! Then we met with one of the doctors in the practice and had a meaningless conversation about how there really isn't anything that can be done to make me less sick. That was followed by empty predictions for when it might taper off. Like I said, meaningless.

We go back in another 4 weeks but just for a consultation with a doctor (no ultrasound). The next time we see our peanut we will find our whether its a he or a she so I can finally stop calling it an "it." Although I know many already have their theories :) Thankfully Nathan and I will be pleased either way so its all good.

Thats all for now.

2 comments:

MOM said...

I replied earlier but I don't see it here ... strange. I think it is such a miracle how babies grow and develop and are human beings ... What an amazing set of pictures!!!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for y'all! I thought about you and Nathan just today and popped over to your blog to catch up.

Aloha!
Pastor Gary

Locations of visitors to this page