Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Deceptively Delicious

So apparently there is some mom and Oprah hype surrounding this Deceptively Delicious cookbook but I didn't know that. It was given to me a week ago by my mom and I am really excited about trying it out. Basically its a way to get kids (and non-health conscious husbands) to eat their vegetables without even really knowing they are doing it! The recipes are easy- great for me the non cook that loves to cook, and appear to be all the kid/husband favorites (IE chicken fingers, mac and cheese, grilled cheese, brownies, cookies, pancakes etc). Its the food they love with the nutritional values they need. Or as the book itself puts it, "Deceptively Delicious acknowledges your kids' genuine dislikes without being confined by them."

I will try my first recipe on Thursday with my adult Bible study but from what I have read, this is likely to really work for me and my family!

Check it out for yourself!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Oooh, I am very excited. I won't tell John.

Locations of visitors to this page