Thursday, January 17, 2008

Anticipating my return to deep thinking


"What do you do when you discover the good news that God wants you to be content in Him, but then find that you aren't?"

This question caught my eye on the back of a book called "When I don't desire God: How to fight for joy" by John Piper. I bought it but have yet to crack it open because, as I have blogged before, my brain capacity these days is only 10% what it use to be pre-pregnancy. It takes everything I have to get through the American Idol audition episodes without internally combusting. Anyway, I look forward to reading this book. I have never read any of John Piper's stuff before but have heard mixed things about him. Any suggestions or comments?

3 comments:

Bobby said...

I am finally getting to reading Desiring God by John Piper. I have listened to him a lot and I love him. Has has been very influential in some of my own views and development.

I look forward to hearing how this book is and what you think of it/him. Please do share.

bonnie said...

Whatever ideas are expressed or questioned, refer to your main source....the word of God.
It sounds interesting.

Cherie <> said...

I love John Piper. He is an amazing writer and theologian. From what I've been told this book is really good, but I have never fully read it myself. I think I started reading it a couple of years ago and never finished. I had actually found it on a website that had free online books and I'm not even sure if I still have the link. You'll have to let me know what you think when you read it.

Locations of visitors to this page