Sunday, January 20, 2008

Charlie Horse anyone

I woke up this morning with one of the common greeters of my days the last few months: a Charlie Horse. It was incredibly painful and sent me into the fetal position in a matter of seconds. I tried to rub it as it crept up my leg but the pain wasn't subsiding at all and eventually Nathan had to try and help. Even he couldn't make it go away. It took about 15 minutes until I could limp my way to the closet b/c I had to get dressed and go to a race my friend was participating in.

Now usually when I get these they go away pretty quickly but this one is still killing me, over 13 hours later. In case you don't know what they are, here is what Wikipedia defines a Charlie Horse as:

"Charlie horse" is also used to describe leg/foot cramping. These muscle cramps can have many possible causes including hormonal imbalances, dehydration, side effects of medication, or more seriously, diseases such as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis and neuropathy. They are also a common complaint during pregnancy.

Thanks Jovie for introducing me to this painful addition to the already enjoyable experience of getting fatter over a period of 10 months. I can already tell her and I are going to butt heads a lot.

3 comments:

whittakerwoman said...

I hated that! Carlos would wake up so confused and would help me stretch them out. Oh they hurt so bad. I feel for you! H

Cherie <> said...

Aww...Charlie horses are the worst! I get them if I wear flip-flops too much because they have no arch to stretch out that muscle in your foot. I've never had one for that long though and I can only imagine how painful that must be! You may butt heads a lot with Jovie, but you'll still love her because she's your little girl. Believe me, my mom and I butted heads many times when I was living at home, but now we get along great...Sorry, I guess that's not too encouraging saying it could take until she moves out to stop butting heads :). I'll pray the charlie horses go away very soon and that you guys won't butt heads too much when she gets here ;).

Amanda said...

You were wearing flip flops yesterday, too! Better put on some Asics!

Locations of visitors to this page