Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Written for...

For several weeks many people have said that the name we are giving our daughter reminded them of a song by a new artist called Colbie Caillat. Finally I went and checked her stuff out for myself and this is the song they were talking about. I melted. In case you don't understand the significance, I am almost 7 months pregnant with our daughter Jovie Capri. Wow! Talk about timing. Enjoy this little ditty.



Capri- Colbie Caillat
She’s got a baby inside
And holds her belly tight
All through the night
Just so she knows
She’s sleeping so
Safely to keep
Her growing

And oh when she'll open her eyes
There'll be no surprise
That she'll grow to be
So beautifully
Just like her mother
That’s carrying

Oh Capri
She’s beauty
Baby inside she loving
Oh Capri
She’s beauty
There is an angel growin’ peacefully
Oh Capri
Sweet baby

And things will be hard at times
But I've learned to try
Just listening
Patiently,

oh Capri
Sweet baby
Oh Capri
She’s beauty
Baby inside she loving
Oh Capri
Your beauty
Just like your mother
That’s carrying...Oh Capri

3 comments:

MOM said...

What a beautiful song for you and Jovie Capri!!!! Just like her mother... she's beauty

I love it.

Cherie <> said...

I agree with your mom...How special it will be to have this song for you and your baby girl! I can just hear your beautiful voice now singing this sweet song to your baby as you rock her to sleep :).

Ashley McWhorter said...

Hi Bethany,
I found your site through Carly O'Quinn. My family has been listening to Colbie since her album was released. She is even more amazing in person!!!! Capri is one of our favorites on the album. That is so neat that you were able to hear that song. How special for you and daughter!!! We LOVE the name Capri!!! I play the CD in my car almost daily, and my two little girls can sing almost all of the words. Congratulations on your sweet little love!!
-Ashley McWhorter

Locations of visitors to this page