Thursday, February 14, 2008

Show the love

Instead of posting yet another picture of my husband and son and ranting on and on about how lucky I am to have these guys in my life, I have decided to look at Valentine's Day from another angle. I asked myself: how can I show the love today?
My answer: tonight Nathan and I will sit down at our computer, go to Compassion International's website and sponsor a child in Uganda.

Honestly I don't know where the $32 a month will come from because we sincerely don't have it. But over and over again I have been taught that God does. I have also learned that He is willing to transfer it from His account to ours when we are using it to show His love to His people. I think He would not only approve of this venture for our little family, but celebrate it along with us.

So no chocolate or flowers this year...just the warmth that comes from knowing that one more child in Africa will get to experience what love looks like, maybe for the first time in their lives. May we all be willing and faithful to give up an "out to eat" dinner or perhaps our Netflix membership or whatever it takes to make room for a child to have an education and hope for their future.

I'm not meaning to sound as if I am patting myself on the back. I am just trying to record for you the challenging question that Valentine's Day really is asking:

How can you show The Love today?

SPONSOR A CHILD

I will post about our new addition tomorrow when I know their name, age, etc.

1 comment:

Becky said...

YAY!!!!! I'm so excited every time I read about someone deciding to sponsor.

I've met both my sponsored kids and there's not a doubt in my mind it's changing their lives.

Locations of visitors to this page