Saturday, March 01, 2008

Effective Parenting

Last night and this morning Nathan and I attended a seminar led by Chip Ingram held at our church called "Effective parenting in a defective world". It was awesome! I feel so challenged by the great responsibility that parenting is. I have a long list of things that I need to change to be more effective in raising our kids. This list was not given to me by Chip but was revealed to me by the Holy Spirit as he taught.

Ultimately, I long for my kids to be more like Christ and less like me but the only way I can do that, is to be more like Christ. Why? Because more is caught that taught and I am to model how to live an authentic and honest life as a believer. I cannot impart what I do not possess.

Anyway, I have a ton to mull over and process so that we can come up with a game plan and focus on how we will consistently go about raising kids who love the Lord and long to be like His Son. Pray for us as we make the necessary adjustments that will require a lot from us and will surely cause some behavioral flare ups from Jaxon during the transition.

For more on Chip Ingram and his parenting courses check out the ministry website for Living on the Edge.

OR even better, watch tonight's service where he talks about the main 5 principles we ought to seek to pass on to our kids. The worship is awesome too as this adorable bald guy leads the youth choir in some powerful songs.

2 comments:

Carly O'Quinn said...

I went through a 6 week "Effective Parenting..." course (via DVD) and it totally changed my life and the way that I parent. I loved his gentle frankness. So cool that you got to see him speak.

Pat Callahan said...

chip's stuff is great - i wish he had been around 10 years ago (or that we would have known about him)

Locations of visitors to this page