Tuesday, March 04, 2008

How do you make people feel?

A friend/client was over the other day reviewing her pictures. We were casually sitting together with the laptop on my legs when I looked over and saw her head resting on the couch behind us with her eyes almost closed. Moments later she said, "Being around you is always so relaxing and soothing." At first I just chuckled but later I realized what a huge compliment that is. I like that I make my friends comfortable. I would consider this friend a busy mom so to have her say that I have a soothing effect on her is really an honor to me. It made me consider how I make other people around me feel.

A funny addition to the story is that shortly afterward she asked me if Nathan was always calmed by my presence. To which I answered, "Probably not. We're married."

1 comment:

bonnie said...

How far that little candle throws his beams!
So shines a good deed in a weary world.
-- Shakespeare

Locations of visitors to this page