Monday, March 03, 2008

I took a tumble

Last night I had my first scare of the pregnancy- pretty good I think for being less than 4 weeks to launch. I fell down the stairs. Not all of them, just a few.

Here is the story: I was walking down the steps to take my dog out and my foot landed on a ball, rolled off the stair and I fell onto my butt. I couldn't move and I yelled for Nathan. Of course he heroically lept to my aid and asked me all sorts of questions like, "What hurts?" and "Can you stand up?" I just sat there and cried and prayed that everything would be ok b/c at the moment I was in a lot of pain. My tail bone felt crushed and my lower back and hip were throbbing. I couldn't bare the thought that I might have caused something to happen to the baby. After about 10 minutes of Nathan looking at me helplessly and I just sitting there like a weeping statue, I resolved to try movement. Nathan came behind me and lifted me to my feet and although I felt really sore, I didn't feel like anything was seriously damaged. I stood there for awhile as the blood rushed to the many different areas and I waited to see what the results would be. I was going to be ok. I walked around a little to work out the kinks but other than being more uncomfortable than usual, which isn't saying much, I was fine. The first few hours of trying to sleep were difficult but the next morning I felt mobile again. Funny thing is, nothing hurts today other than my big toe and a scrape I managed to get somehow on my shin. Thank God I am walking around today with nothing more than a bruised ego and a swollen toe.

By the way, the ball on the steps was from a bowl of decorative balls made of sticks and seeds from our dining room table that Jaxon had been bowling with earlier that evening. Ahh, life with children is never dull.

2 comments:

Cherie <> said...

SO glad you and the baby are okay!!! What an aweful scare so close to Jovie making her grand entrance into the world! Praise God for His protection over you.

P.S.- Will you be at North Collier Hospital for the birth? I would love to come see you guys after Jovie is born!

MOM said...

How come I am just finding this out by reading your blog??????????????????????????????????????????????????

Locations of visitors to this page