Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Take action

Our small group is doing a study called Gripped by the Greatness of God by James MacDonald. We just started it and one of the introductory themes of the study is that being gripped by God involves your mind, emotions and will. After contemplating that truth for a few days I realized that rarely have I allowed God to grip my will as often as my mind and emotions. I can get caught up in a moment of peace or wonder or beauty so easily but what this book challenges me to do is when I feel gripped, I should ask, " Lord, what must I do?" See He gets a grip on me so I will do something differently. My will ought to "spring into action."

Ask yourself... Am I just getting goose bumps or am I responding to God, doing something about what I've just experienced?

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page