Saturday, April 12, 2008

Looming tragedy

I just realized that most of you don't know about the looming tragedy that awaits me in a few weeks. If you recall, a while back I wrote a lot of blogs asking for prayers about my step dad finding a job here in Naples. I entitled it the "bring Bob home campaign." For over a year he has attempted to provide for my mom in the deflated economy of our expensive little town but to no avail. While I do appreciate all the hands the reached out to help and pray for him during this time, it seems that God has another plan for my folks. They are moving back to the Southwest region of the country. They bought a home in Phoenix, Arizona a few weeks ago and at the end of the month, my mom will be making the minivan drive to her new life in the desert.

People keep asking me how I am handling the upcoming event and I can honestly say that I'm not. I am in denial and have yet to really let myself feel the weight of that change for my parents and us. I am afraid to go there. Its not the loss of the best babysitter ever that gets to me, but the little moments that have made up my life this past year or so. They have been a part of every birthday, every milestone, every holiday, every moment it seems and I will miss their constant presence in my life. My mom and I joke b/c we have tried to live in the same town a couple of times but it never fails that one of us will end up moving even further away shortly after we get settled in. Anyway, I felt like I should update all of you about that situation just in case you were wondering the results.

Please continue to pray for us in the following areas: 1. God is calling my mom to take the summer off and serve Him through volunteering and mission work until the fall. May this be a huge growth spurt in her heart and life. 2. May the transition for my mom and Bob go smoothly and may they fall into place in Phoenix through a great church family and or friendships through work and elsewhere. 3. Ask that God will strengthen me in my dependence on Him as one of my tangible crutches (both emotionally and physically) is removed from my daily life. 4. May we be creative in finding ways for our children to still feel as close to Gigi and Bobo as ever through visits and correspondence during our times apart. 5. That my stepdad will find security and joy in his new job in Phoenix and his stress level will reduce now that he and my mom are together again (he has been living and working there since November 2007).

We appreciate your love and support in this familial matter and hope you will continue to lift us up during this difficult but necessary time.

PS Bobo is in town this weekend so we are having some much needed catch up time! He is getting to see Jovie for the first time too! How lucky my kids are to be surrounded by so much love.

2 comments:

sarah_c_nz@yahoo.com said...

Hi Bethany

You don't know me ... I came across your blog as I was researching the Valley of Achor ... love what you have written on that! Are you out of the valley yet? Sounds like you have your hands full with a new baby. Enjoy!

Blessings

Sassiekiwi

Cherie <> said...

You and your family are in our prayers. I was hoping for your sake that they wouldn't have to move, but like you said God apparently has a different plan. As hard as it is for you to accept that, I know you'll make it through. Just lean on God and you'll be okay. We're here if you need ANYTHING too.

Locations of visitors to this page