Thursday, April 03, 2008

Top 5 reasons I love having a baby

Ok so Im sure some of you are sick of hearing about babies and being a mom of 2 and all that but that is my world right now and that is what I want to write about. So deal with it!

I decided that I would share with you at least 5 of my favorite things about having a baby.

1. Meals. If you haven't experienced this already, people bring you meals for about a week or so. A friend of mine who is coordinating people to do this for us is already scheduling people for a 4th week. Its so awesome not having to think about what to make my family for dinner. What a blessing. If you know someone who is having a baby- do this for them! It means so much.

2. Visitors. I don't get out much- mainly just church functions. Don't get me wrong, I would love to be more interactive but for some reason I tend to do things alone a lot. After having a baby, people come to you. Friends will call and stop by and "ooh" and "ahh" at your little one while you enjoy the company of some of the sweetest people on the planet.

3. Time with my husband. If you haven't learned this by now, I love being with Nathan. Both times we have had babies he has been able to get 2 weeks off of work to help me adjust and recover. This is so precious to me. I am not alone at night getting up every few hours and all day he is around to help me. He can get that glass of water I desire when my hands are full with baby and I am just too tired to get it myself. Its the best but so hard to let go of when he has to return to work again.

4. Gifts and cards. There isn't a day that has gone by without me getting a gift on my doorstep or a card in the mailbox encouraging us in this transitional time for our family. It is so comforting to know how much support and love we are surrounded by and these trinkets serve as powerful reminders that we are not alone.

5. Weight Loss. The only time in my life when I can lose 15 lbs in less than a week is right after having a baby. Its fun to pretend like I am on an episode of The Biggest Loser and my number on the scale is -15. I feel so proud. Hopefully I can get back to my pre-Jaxon weight eventually though. Until then, I like getting smaller again.

There are so many more but I just thought I would share a few of my favorite baby having things with you. Have a great night!

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page