Sunday, May 04, 2008

Did you know?

They say you learn something new everyday. Well the other day I did and I am excited by the new found knowledge so I wanted to share it with you.

One of the frustrating things that happens when you borrow or rent a car, occurs when you have to go to the gas station. The problem is you don't know which side the gas tank is on. Well a few weeks ago my mom let me in on a little secret. (Or maybe its a well known fact that I just became privy to.) Anyway, the next time you are in a car that is unfamiliar and you are trying to figure out what side of the gas pump to pull up on look at the gas gage. Newer model cars have an arrow or a triangle of some sort that points in the direction of the gas tank. Its really cool. Check it out the next time you are in your car or someone else's.

(I say "newer models" b/c our 2000 Xterra doesn't have it but my 2002 Sentra does.)

Did you know this?

4 comments:

Cherie <> said...

I had no clue about this. My 2007 Kia Optima doesn't have it, so maybe it's only certain Make and Models right now. Kia is a little slow to catch on to new trends though too :).

Cherie <> said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cherie <> said...

I found out yesterday that I'm apparently just as oblivious as you :). I looked at my car for the arrow and there it was next to the gas can icon. How in the world I missed that before I'll never know. So, you're not alone, I didn't have a clue either! :)

Amanda said...

I think I heard of it before but forgot about it. :)

Locations of visitors to this page