Friday, May 09, 2008

The list is growing

When you have a lot of tasks to accomplish do you make lists or simply try to remember them?

I am a list maker. Sometimes I will even write dumb things on my list that I can do in a moment just so I can cross it off and feel like I got something done that day. Anyway, my list is growing. With my mind being divided between two kids and my marriage, my health fluctuating, and time getting away from me pretty much everyday, I don't get much done. I used to be on top of everything but not lately. My house is a wreck, I forgot it was Mother's Day, we have birthday parties to attend and no gifts to give and so on and so forth. One task at a time is the typical response to a post such as this but even one task hasn't been done without being replaced by another. So if I was supposed to call you and haven't...sorry. If I was suppose to send a gift to you for a birthday, Mother's Day or any other reason and haven't...sorry. If I was supposed to (fill in the blank) and haven't...sorry. It's likely on the list that I have yet to get to.

5 comments:

Cherie <> said...

I think everyone understands that you are in a pretty crazy time right now. They should expect you to forget things! lol...I forget all sorts of things and I don't even have any kids yet! Oh and if it makes you feel any better, I forgot my dad's birthday last year.

MOM said...

I am a list maker - my problem is I end up with several lists with some items scratched off on each one ... do I make a new list or carry around bunches of half-done lists? sigh I know how time can slip away from you with those darling children so it's OK if you forget things where I am concerned. I know your heart .... and your organization will return.

The Patterson Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Patterson Family said...

Friend, I am so glad to hear that you are normal..or maybe both you and I are not normal. Who cares anyway? Just to know that you and I have something in common makes me feel better. I just try to remember that things will get easier and until then I just need to enjoy each moment. I too, am able to feel that I have done something with one check-off on my list. I guess I am learning that perhaps those things are not the important ones. I am glad to hear that Jovie's check-up went well. We sure loved being with you and the kids the other night at the park. You blessed me and encouraged me. Happy Mother's Day...wonderful mother of two beautiful children...and Thank you...

Amanda said...

I put on my lists, "Make a list," and after I'm done making the list, there's already one thing to cross off! Success!

John and I went to at least four stores lastnight looking for things on our list and we didn't find what we were looking for. So I have to add them to a new list.

Locations of visitors to this page