Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Nuggets

The last few days I have been drawn to Scripture and spiritual truths quite often. I guess I was getting so dry that my heart decided to start refreshing itself again. I can already feel a difference. I have been praying more often and my thoughts are dripping with awareness of His presence and power.

Anyway, I read a few things this week that have stuck with me so I thought I would share them with you. These are not original thoughts, they are adopted from some wiser, more articulate people's blogs.

From Shaun Groves:
"The great American prophet Stephen King writes '...stopping a piece of work just because it’s hard, either emotionally or imaginatively, is a bad idea. Sometimes you have to go on when you don’t feel like it, and sometimes you’re doing good work when it feels like all you’re managing is to shovel **** from a sitting position.'

A “God thing”, I’m relearning is not necessarily a thing of less resistance than the thing you already know today. God’s way is not necessarily the way I feel most confident in or the most qualified to take. It’s not necessarily the quickest, smoothest, clearest, most reassuring thing."

From Prodigal Jon:
“I discovered that I am better at weeping with God, than I am at dancing with Him. I am great at coming to Him when the world has fallen apart and things are all broken and clearly beyond my control. When the puzzle of my life is missing the edge pieces, I am more than happy to empty my box with Him. But when I'm happy and things are going well, I at best send God postcards that say, "wish you were here."'

Chew on those for a while.

1 comment:

bonnie said...

"We often have a kind of notion, as part of this highfalutin, noble picture of ourselves as pray-ers, that when we pray we need to be completely attentive and we need to be fully engaged and we need to be concentrating and we need to be focused. But the fact is, if prayer is our end of a relationship with God, that's not the way we are with the people we love a large portion of the time. We simply are in their presence. We're going about our lives at the same time in each other's presence, aware and sustained by each other, but not much more than that… However we are, however we think we ought to be in prayer, the fact is we just need to show up and do the best we can do. It's like being in a family."


—Roberta Bondi

Locations of visitors to this page