Monday, June 16, 2008

What would you do with your free time?

I was reading my husband's blog and recalling some phone conversations we had before he left for camp and I found myself envious of the 3 days of free time he had after the kids and I left. There were so many things he did that he hasn't been able to do while we were home, including going to the motorcycle store and configuring how much gas $ he could save if he had one. I started to wonder... what would I do if I had 3 days all to myself? It's not like that will ever happen but a girl can dream can't she? So I thought I would pose the question to you guys too. Even those of you without kids or spouses are hurting for some free time so spill it...

What would you do if you had 3 days to do whatever you wanted (keep in mind that money is still a factor)?


Here is my knee jerk response. (That means, without thinking about it too hard what first comes to mind- in case you were wondering.)

Day 1: Sleep in, take Bailey for a walk, get a bagel and some coffee somewhere while I do a devo, go shopping at some stores I have gift cards for, get some lunch somewhere tasty with friends - without any kids, finish my gift card shopping (I have a lot of cards to spend), go home and take a shower, get dinner, go see a movie, drink some tea and go to bed.

Day #2: Sleep in, go for a run, go somewhere with free wi-fi and blog a bunch of posts in advance while sipping some coffee or tea, go to Michaels and get some art supplies, grab some Subway for lunch and go to the beach (lay out, swim, write and read), go home and take a shower, paint some artwork for Jovie's room and our bedroom, cook a delicious meal, watch a good TV show and hit the sack.

Day #3: Sleep in, take Bailey for a walk, go on a location hunt for future photo shoots with my camera (find some new/cool backgrounds for pictures), eat something I have never tried before, get a massage (I have a gift certificate), grab some take-out, watch a good movie in my pjs while scarfing on ice cream straight out of the container, go to bed.

Sounds heavenly!

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page