Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Jaxon's firsts...

Today Jaxon went to the dentist for the first time. He was quite the brave one. We had been building up to it for a week now with warnings that they were going to look at his teeth and he was going to have to say "AHHH" and hold his mouth open for long periods of time. When they called his name he waltzed right into the exam room and at first he did not want to sit in the weird looking chair but when he realized that was the best view for watching Nemo on the TV screen he climbed right in. He loved how it laid down like a bed too. He complied with everything they asked of him until it came time to put the tooth brush contraption in his mouth. Thankfully they didn't force anything and because his teeth were pretty clean, they suggested we try again next time when he was a little more familiar. Then he helped the dentist count his teeth with the mirror (20!!). He let them paint fluoride on his teeth and was thrilled to get a goodie pouch after it was all over with a new brush, toothpaste, and some tooth brushing toys inside.

In good tradition, we celebrated this first by going to get a doughnut (another first for Jax). My mom always did that with me (as I blogged about here) so I thought...why not. At least just the first time.

5 comments:

The Herrenbrucks said...

What a big boy! I love that you went to get a special treat. That's a great tradition!

Cherie <> said...

Aren't those Top Pot Doughnuts amazing?! I love them :). Good move Starbucks! Have you tried Vivanno yet? Love that too!

Anonymous said...

That is precious! I love it! Good job for Jaxon- I STILL hate going to the dentist

-Bethany

MOM said...

My little guy is sure growing up! Isn't that a funny tradition we had - sheesh, a doughnut after the dentist! And you have beautiful teeth so it must not have been too harmful.

becky said...

I take the boys for their first dentist appt next month. I don't know how that will go, but I honestly can't see Grayson opening his mouth at all! We'll see...

Locations of visitors to this page