Sunday, July 13, 2008

Parenting style

Most people would say I am a pretty laid back parent, especially when it comes to my kids getting dirty or wet. On a typical day my son runs around the house in his underwear since he plays with water a lot and I don't want to mess with constantly changing his clothes because they are soaked. I'm not a germ-a-phobe either. Jaxon goes in public restrooms (heck he potty trained in gas station bathrooms from FL to KY last December), lives by the 10 second rule, pets the dog and then takes a bite of his lunch without washing his hands etc. So its not that surprising when we do things like we did today.

A huge storm hit Naples this morning around 10am. Now if you know me, you know I love the rain, not just looking at it and listenning to it but being in it. So I jumped at the chance to play in the downpour we received today. I opened the garage door and set Jovie up in her bouncy seat in the back of the Xterra with the trunk open while underwear wearing Jaxon and I, in my Pj's, went dancing in the rain on the driveway. Neighbors drove by with crazy looks on their faces but we didn't care, the puddles were calling to us. It was tons of fun and I can't wait to do it again!

3 comments:

The Herrenbrucks said...

Oh how fun! You should have taken pics! My dad said that he played with Jovie last night for a long time. He was talking about how cute she is!

MOM said...

I am jealous! I know how you love to dance in rainstorms.... I came home this afternoon to a flooded patio and backyard, a leaking skylight in my bedroom and a very unhappy husband........... he had just cleaned up dog poop on the living room carpet from a terrified dog. Can you tell we had monsoon rain/storm this afternoon? sigh ....

yolanda spearman said...

Most people would say I am a pretty laid back parent, especially when it comes to my kids getting dirty or wet. On a typical day my son runs around the house in his underwear since he plays with water a lot and I don't want to mess with constantly changing his clothes because they are soaked.

Locations of visitors to this page