Sunday, August 03, 2008

This time last year

There are times in your life when you can recall exactly what you were doing, thinking, and going through a year ago. The next few weeks will be one of those times for me. You see, Nathan left today for an 11 day fishing trip with his dad in Canada. This is a truly treasured time for father/son bonding and the great outdoors. But I can't help but think back to what my little world looked like the last time he set out on this adventure.

In a nut shell, I was pregnant. I didn't have medical proof yet but I knew it. The day after Nathan left last year I had a doctor appointment that made it official. However, with him out of the country and me not having any way to contact him, I couldn't tell anyone. It was only right for my husband to know first. I was so sick and I had to act like everything was just dandy when I was around my friends and my mom and Bob. It became too hard after a few days and I broke...I told my mom and step dad first. I needed the support, the understanding and the help with Jaxon (especially when I was spending the afternoons with my face in a toilet.)

It was such an emotional time for me and I could not wait to tell Nathan. I started planning the perfect way a wife could tell her husband that they were having a baby. When the time came that Nathan was back in the country and able to have cell service again, he randomly asked me on the phone if I was pregnant. I was trying to surprise him at the airport with the news. He said he had a feeling the whole time he was gone that I was "with child." So again I just blurted it out! He and everyone in his van started cheering and I could hear the tears in his voice. We were going to have another baby. What an exciting time for us.

The next few weeks while he is gone again, I won't be able to shake that memory. Im not sure I will ever want to.

9 comments:

Brian and Cherie Landowski said...

Aw, that made ME just tear up a little. I cannot wait for the day God blesses us with children! My greatest desire here on this Earth (besides to see people come to know Jesus as personal Savior) is to be a mother. I think working at a Day Care makes it more difficult for me to be patient for God's timing because every day I hold someone else's precious child and I just want one of my own so badly that it hurts...Sometimes I wonder if children are even in God's plan for me, but God wouldn't deprive me of my heart's greatest desire...would He??

The Herrenbrucks said...

Awesome story! Such a precious reminder of how God is so faithful in our past, present and will be in our future. Let me know if you need any help with the kiddos while he is away. And hey, maybe you'll find out your pregnant again while he is gone :) HA :) You're probably thinking, "bite your tongue!"

MOM said...

I remember that pretty well myself. You were SO sick, poor girl. I was bouncing around full of joy and wondering how things would change. Life is change, I know, and life has changed a LOT in the last year. Hope Nathan and his Dad have an awesome trip & that he doesn't cut off any fingers or toes. You stay strong on the home front while you manage on your own. I LOVE YOU

Jennifer Barton said...

So sweet!!! So, question...when do you get your mother/daughter trip? I ask myself that question all the time! HA!

Nathan said...

whenever she wants...with the exception she plans ahead to give me notice, but I really do want that for her!

Blake Crawford said...

Let us know if you need anything while Nathan's gone.

Amanda said...

Yay for little Jovie! You should save this post for her to read someday.

And yes, let us know if you need anything or want adult company, a babysitter, etc.

Cynthia Cullen said...

That is a great story. That must have been unbelievable to keep to yourself being sick! Life with 2 is so fun, but I love thinking back about those moments when we 1st discover how our lives are going to change forever. They are so precious! Aren't you glad you can show her this one day? Hope to see you at Recreate again this year - I think my hubby is coming with me.

bonnie said...

The miracles of God never cease. It's a wonderful memory and I'm sure Jovie would love to hear it when she gets older. Love to all.

Locations of visitors to this page