Tuesday, September 23, 2008

#256

Reason #256 I will never get the "mother of the year" award:

Jaxon got his first yellow ticket at school for not keeping his hands to himself after two warnings. (Green=angel, yellow=human, red = Satan- its the private school version of the check system). Apparently he was deliberately, but gently, shoving someone standing next to him while in a circle despite his teacher asking him to stop twice. But the story only begins there.

After she informed him that he would be getting a yellow ticket and that Nathan and I would be dissapointed he declared, "This sucks!" His teacher said, "Jaxon we don't say that." To which Jaxon replied, "My daddy says it all the time. But my mom said I can't say it until I'm 16."

It's true! I did! The funny part about all of that is I say it waaaay more than Nathan does but he got thrown under the bus! Ha!

(Sorry about all of the exclamation points Amanda)

5 comments:

Brian and Cherie Landowski said...

Tickets from a school cannot tell you how good of a mother you are. I think you're doing very well! It's just the stage Jaxon is in. He's too smart for his own good and he's experimenting with cause and effect. lol...because he disobeyed the teacher, he got a yellow ticket. Isn't it amazing how much kids pick up from us? I'm starting to realize that if I ever want to have kids that I've got a few things to work on. Otherwise, our kids would be getting red tickets every day! :)

P.S.-Hearing this story in person makes it even funnier!

Amanda said...

Funny, funny! You need to print this one and save it, right along with the yellow ticket.

And don't worry about the yellow. In our school, many kids used to be on yellow at the end of each day. In some classes, about half of the class.

Your situation is unusual because "Daddy" isn't just some guy the teacher sees at drop-off--he's the worship pastor! But I'm sure the teacher found it all quite funny.

Bethany Gaddis said...

Rest assured I don't care that he got a yellow ticket. Im actually surprised it took this long to get one. I think the aftermath is where the story is at!

Rebeckah said...

Oh my gosh! That is so funny! I say things all the time, and I always hope Kaishon isn't listening. But of course he is...Whoops! I like that you told him he has to wait until he is 16.

Naples Avon Lady said...

I gotta give Jaxon kudos for making it so long before getting his first yellow ticket! Christopher has gotten at least one a week since the 2nd or 3rd week of school! Thankfully, it's always for a diffeent offense (at least he's not repeating his mistakes)! :)

I also love the way he stood his ground - that boy's got leadership potential for sure! :)

I vote for you as "Human Mom of the Year"! LOL! :)

Locations of visitors to this page