Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Copy me...please

Imitation is the best form of flattery.

When I was younger I hated it when my friends would copy me. I always wanted to be the originater, the trend setter, the pioneer of an idea or style. (Rarely was I ever..it was the 80's). I realized today however, that has changed. Now I am flattered by it. Someone wanting to be like me somehow makes me feel "cooler."

For example today my husband, the coolest person I know, flippantly said that he was going to copy the ring tone I had him make for my phone b/c he liked it so much. Instantly I felt like a musical genius simply b/c he wanted to be like me in even that small way. Especially b/c it had something to do with music. I felt like I stepped up a few notches from musical ignorance and novice-ness into acknowledged good taste by a musical guru. I felt much cooler.

1 comment:

MOM said...

You ARE INTELLIGENT, MUSICAL, TALENTED, WORTHY, RESPECTED, LOVEABLE, LOVING, GENEROUS, COURAGOUS, GIVING, CARING, AND TOTALLY MARVELOUS. You are worth imitating in MANY ways.
and,,,,,,,,,, I AM NOT PREJUDICED!!

Locations of visitors to this page