Saturday, September 06, 2008

The Gaddis house

The Gaddis house is a little off these days. Jaxon is sick, for the first time in well over a year, and coughing all the time; Jovie is having gas issues (guess I shouldn't have eaten so much Pei Wei this week) and has decided to go on a diet and not eat as much as she use to; Nathan and I are at home in shifts- I usually take the kids during the day while he is at work and he has them at night while I run out to do something (Bible Study, photo shoot, bank and grocery store etc). Then around 9 he plops onto the couch to watch TV while I hang out in our room pumping and reading the emails from the day. I go to bed at 10:30 or so and when his TV/movie is over he hops in too. Then our alarms go off at 7 and we roll out and do it all over again. I think we are both on auto-pilot right now.
Please pray that Jaxon will be feeling better soon. He was devasted when I mentioned that he might miss school on Monday if he wasn't healthy again.

Please pray that Nathan and I will find moments to connect and laugh together in the midst of everyone needing our time and attention.

4 comments:

David and Jen said...

Hi Bethany- Be encouraged. The scenario you described, minus the second child and the pumping (for obvious reasons), has been the story of our family life for the past nine months. David would be at work during the day, come home, we'd say hi and bye, and I would go to work and come home around midnight. He would work six days, and I was always working on his one day off. I will pray for those special moments for you and Nathan. Just remember that it won't last forever (sometimes it might feel like it will)- what is so great is that the Lord has matched us with the men that we can be on auto-pilot with and not lose sight of each other and God's purpose for our families!

Brian and Cherie Landowski said...

Aw, poor Jaxon...I will pray for him to feel better and for you and Nathan as well. Don't get discouraged, all you have to do is make the time you do have together special :). God knows your struggles, just pour out your heart to Him and He will hear and answer in maybe the most unexpected ways. Love you guys!

The Herrenbrucks said...

Praying for you guys and love that picture you posted of you all. I sure hope Jaxon feels better - bless his heart. I know he does not want to miss school!

MOM said...

Happens at the beginning of new school year I think - catching new germs from new people and sharing them at home. This, too, shall pass. I love you all and miss you so very much.

Locations of visitors to this page